FUE Hair transplantation is, with its basic terms, to take the hair follicles having no genetics of hair-loss from the area behind the head, between two ears and under the skin, and to transfer them to the area in the front where we wish to grow hair.
In men, because of the sensitivity to the hormone testosterone, especially the hair follicles on the top and forehead are easily got harm and lost.
However, the hair follicles on the nape area, between two ears, are not sensitive to testosterone and they do not get lost. The hair transplantation is the process of transfer of these strong follicles to the area required.
Hair Transplant Turkey FUE Method
- Different from other methods, in FUE method, since the grafts are taken one by one from the donor area, there will be left no trace in the donor area after the operation. Besides, since maximum 30% of the hair in the donor area is taken, there will not be any change in the appearance of the nape area.
To sum up, in FUE method, lancet is not used in the donor area; no stitch is put, and no visual scar is left. Without any complication to the patient, and without withholding him from his daily life, the patient has the hair he required with this method.
FUE method is applied not only in Turkey but also around the World; and it is the most developed and productive method. To get the best results from FUE method, the operation must be applied by an experienced doctors of hair transplantation.
Instructions should be followed before hair transplantation:
• A routine examination is performed prior to hair transplantation for HIV, hepatitis, and blood pigmentation.
• The patient should refrain from taking analgesics such as aspirin 10 days before the procedure. If you must use it permanently, you must take permission from the specialist who prescribed it before performing the procedure.
• If you take vitamins B and E, you should leave them before 10 days to benefit more.
• Alcohol should be avoided 48-72 hours before the procedure.
• Stop smoking for at least two weeks before the operation.
• On the morning of the operation, take a routine shower. But do not use any hair styling products such as gel and hair creams before coming to the process.
• When you come to the process, wear comfortable clothes easy to take off and wear.
• In the morning, a natural breakfast is served.
• Do not take coffee or other beverages containing caffeine on the day of the operation.
• If you have a chronic illness and are using a treatment for heart disease, blood pressure or diabetes, you should inform your doctor and authorize you to stop using it.
• If you have a certain sensitivity to the skin or a particular drug, inform your doctor.
Process of Hair Transplantation
Every technique used in hair transplantation share basic principles. These principles are:
1. Harvesting hair follicles
2. Creating incisions
3. Transplanting hair follicles
Harvesting Hair Follicles
Ensuring a significant aesthetic success during the process of harvesting the hair follicles is due to the distinctive aspect of the FUE technique. It is this innovation that has made FUE popular and preferred over FUT. The FUT technique involves removing a small strip of tissue from the back of the head and extracting the individual follicular units from this strip, whereas in FUE, each follicular unit is individually taken directly from the scalp through small circular incisions. By this way, the risk of injury is eliminated.
Depending on the length of each follicular unit it is important to utilize needles that have a diameter of 0,7 mm to 0,9 mm or if the follicular unit grafts contains 3-4-5 hairs needles with a diameter of 0,1 mm should be used. The sharpness of the needles as well as being only for single-use, are the elements that have a considerable impact on the operation’s success. Another important factor is to extract hair follicles with precise accuracy so as to avoid any follicular damage. For example; if the person who is having a hair transplant has very curly hair, by using a curved punch called u-graft during the process of extracting follicular units, the risk of follicular damage can be eliminated. All of these elements are refinements planned by the doctor prior to the operation, which are tailored specifically to each patient’s condition.
Recipient Site Preparation
In the classic FUE technique the incisions are created by utilizing steel blades. With these slit blades, the incisions should be created with precise accuracy, considering the natural direction of hair growth. This will allow the transplanted grafts to grow out at their natural direction.
While making slits in the recipient area, it is very important to follow the direction and angel of the existing hair in that region.
FUE technique utilizes steel blades for creating incisions in the recipient site. During the operation, after hundreds of incisions have been created, these steel blades should be replaced with new ones. On the other hand, such a problem will not be encountered with sapphire FUE blades, because they are smoother and sharper. For each patient, according to hair follicle thickness, just a few blade tips will needed. Once again, the blades should only be used on an individual patient during a single procedure.
Transplanting Hair Follicles
The final stage, which is transplanting the hair follicles; is the process of transplanting the follicles one at a time at an angle of 40-45 degrees, within the incisions that have been created at directions that enables accurate placement. All three phases have certain specific technicalities and the most important technicality within all stages is certainly experience.
FUE is a hair transplant technique that doesn’t leave any marks or require any stitches.
Hair Transplant Basics
- Individuals aged between 20 and 60 years can undergo a hair transplant surgery.
- The patient who will undergo a hair transplant surgery will only need 3 days for pre-operative preperation and for recovering.
- Although the duration of surgery varies according to the number of grafts that will be transplanted, it usually lasts about 6 to 8 hours.
- In order to respond to possible complications, the operation must be conducted in a fully-equipped hospital.
- A hair transplant procedure is performed with a doctor and at least 3 medical technicians.
- It may take around 6 to 18 months to see the final outcome of hair growth. Starting from the day following the operation, the patient can expect to see hair growth until the 18’th month.
The advantages of the FUE technique
- Hair transplantation can result in a more natural-looking and denser appearance.
- It is a permanent solution for treating moderate to severe hair loss.
- It is a comfortable technique that is designed to ensure patients with the least amount of discomfort, leaving no external scars after the procedure.
- FUE hair transplant technique offers patients faster recovery times; They can conveniently return to their daily routine and are able to travel one day after the procedure.
- With the right operation plan, no damage will be caused in the donor area and no change in the appearance even after multiple operations.
- 98% of the transplanted grafts will grow as normal hair.